1) Don't leave packages, gifts, or your purse in plain sight inside your car. Lock it in the trunk instead.
2) Wear your purse on a shoulder strap across your body so it is under your arm in close contact with your body. This will make it harder for pickpockets and purse snatchers.
3) Don't carry large sums of money. If you must keep it in various locations such as different compartments of your purse or wallet or in different pockets. Also keep it under lock and key at all times.
4) Know where you parked your car when shopping.
5) Don't overload yourself with packages. Leave a hand free so you can unlock your car and secure yourself and your packages swiftly.
6) Do not unlock your car with your remote until you are just steps from your car.
7) If you are expecting deliveries when you will not be home, arrange for a friend or neighbor to receive the package for you. This also you a good reason to visit with them this holiday season.
8) Do not advertise. . . put the your tree on display but not the gifts under it. Thieves like to window shop don't entice them.
9) Shop with friends when possible. There is safety in numbers!
Have a Safe and Happy Holiday Season!!!